Childhood is the most vulnerable stage in development. If a child tends to be shy, keeps to himself, is notably smaller in size compared to their friends, or exhibit traits that fall to the autistic spectrum, it increases the vulnerability of becoming a target by aggressive children. A bullying incident may affect a child’s vulnerable mental health. In the long run, it will risk with him or her falling into depression and obviously, lacking self-esteem. Parents, family, and teachers should be aware that despite the isolated case of bullying, a child may carry this pain as he or she grows up.
We have about 4200 religions all over the world, and each one believes in higher power. It may be challenging for some to understand the word faith. Does it fit to be an emotion, feeling, identity, individuality, or is it just an illusion? All these four thousands of religions have a core belief where they anchor their existence.
The World Health Organization (WHO) defines mental health as a state of wellness wherein the individual recognizes that his abilities are sufficient to cope with the everyday stresses of life. It’s the potential to become productive and capable of making a positive contribution to the community. Mental wellness is a positive state of overall health and is not only about the absence of mental disorder. It means that a person’s mind is in order and functioning in his best interest. It is the condition where the emotional and psychological factors are well-balanced, performing, and responsive to the environmental aspects.
The Factors Affecting Mental Health
A lot of internal and external factors contribute to the cognitive and emotional well-being. It includes financial issues, relationships with loved ones, work environment, as well as the adaptation to behavioral skills. Mentally well people have a positive outlook in life. They are self-assured and genuinely happy. They are mainly in control of their emotions, thoughts, and behavior, and this enables them to handle life challenges.
Achieve Mental Wellness
- Pay attention to your feelings. You should be able to express your thoughts and ideas. One of the best possible ways to do this is through writing a journal or talking to people. Share your experiences and let other people know how you honestly feel. Know your emotional capabilities and understand the situation you are in. This way, you will be able to achieve mental wellness.
- Learn to be at peace with yourself. Learn and get to know who you are, what you are, and what makes you happy. Acknowledge the things you can do and work on those things that you can’t. Identify your strengths and weaknesses and use them together in every aspect of your life. Always stay away from toxic pressure and remain calm all the time.
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle. Listen to your body and let it enjoy the healthy and nutritious food. Enjoy a balanced meal and consider exercising regularly. Limit or avoid alcohol consumption, as well as the smoking habit if there’s any. Being physically and mentally healthy brings a lot of positivity in life, and that’s the key to mental wellness.
- Build strong relationships. Learn to understand and be sympathetic with other people. Make time for your family and friends and share all life joys and sorrows. Every minute is worth sharing, and this type of investment is immeasurable. It results in a strong foundation of relationship and an enjoyable life.
- Volunteer for a cause. It will help you connect with people and at the same time learn the values of life. Not everyone has the opportunity to be able to give back to the people. Being able to give back brings incredible feelings in return.
The reason why most people find happiness elusive is that they don’t do things that they need to experience mental wellness. But if an individual perceives the right idea and tries to become healthy, he’ll never regret having that decision.
Therapies are meant to correct issues or irregularity in our wellbeing, but not all who have undergone therapy achieved great results. Some have missed the essential details and benefits of counseling and therapies. Several factors affect the outcome of treatment, and it all depends on the patient first and foremost. His decisions and responses play a vital role in the consistency and effectiveness of each approach.
“What would you want to be when you grow up?” All of us have possibly answered this question when we were a kid, and perhaps not a single one has replied: “I want to be a psychiatrist!” We probably never had any idea this profession exists. Our innocence might have protected us from the knowledge that mental health issues do exist, and we need people to specialize in that field to provide help to people who need it.
What Are The Steps You Need To Accomplish To Become A Psychiatrist?
- You must obtain a bachelor’s degree. Any course is qualified but taking up courses which would gain you an advantage are namely biology, chemistry, physics, and math.
- You must obtain a medical degree and gain exposure to all the necessary education you need.
- You must complete a residency which could usually take four years.
- You must obtain a license to practice psychiatry.
- Having a board certification from American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology (ABPN) gives you more credibility and opportunity, but it’s not required to practice.
Being a certified psychiatrist is not enough to be successful. Many factors influence a person’s success in his profession and obtaining the necessary certifications is just the beginning of the course towards becoming a successful psychiatrist.
What Are The Qualities You Need To Be An Excellent And Successful Psychiatrist?
You should have the humility to accept that there is no limitation to learning. As long as you live, there are new things that can contribute to your growth, and you can gain them through your experiences and that of those you interact with every day.
You should be able to show sincere empathy to people who are experiencing difficulties in life. Hearing their struggles is not enough. It is essential to listen to everything they want to convey and feel what they wish to express.
You need to have complete sensitivity to understand your patient fully. At the same time, you need to be able to filter your words to deliver positive words and prevent misunderstanding. Remember that everything you say will echo in your patient’s head, so make sure that they are all encouraging.
To be an excellent psychiatrist, you need to be able to build connection and trust. It is crucial that your patient is comfortable in telling you everything, and they are sure that your ultimate intention is to better their situation.
One of the uniqueness of psychiatrists is they can prescribe medications to patients to address symptoms of mental health issues. Some problems are a bit challenging that they need more than just counseling and therapies. An excellent psychiatrist should be able to think and act fast and should have the proper knowledge of the drugs available to treat specific conditions.
License and certifications are required to be able to practice our dream professions, but it takes more than these to be extraordinary in what we do. There are far more significant factors in determining our success. All occupations are made to help humanity enjoy a better life and solve problems, so don’t just be a professional – be exceptional.
Do you want to learn more about this? Check https://www.betterhelp.com/advice/psychologists/reasons-to-choose-an-online-psychiatrist/.
Midlife crisis? I never thought of it until I realized I had it. I had to look it up on Google, and to my relief, I am not alone! There are tons of people on the planet right now that’s experiencing the same thing I do. At first, I thought I was just lonely, but how can I? I have everything I need. I have a family, a kind husband, two beautiful kids, and they both go to a decent school. We own our place downtown, and I have a job! How can I?
Recent studies show that many people find it difficult to welcome some changes in their lives. These individuals want everything to stay the same because it makes them feel comfortable. At the same time, it frightens them to try something new. They think that if they decide to step of their comfort zones, their worlds may start to crumble down or break into tiny little pieces.
When we were a child, life was simpler. We knew what we wanted, and we just asked for them. But we can’t stay a child forever, can we? We all need to grow up and live in the real world. There will be competition, demands, and a lot of challenges.
What do we do when our plans and dreams are getting far from reality? What do we do if we can’t get a hold of success?
When we become adults, we become responsible for all the life choices we make. Every decision either takes us a step toward success or a step backward. Subconsciously, we make choices based on our life experiences, our foundation as a child, and everything that has been formed inside us when we were kids.